Foglifter is a biannual compendium of the most dynamic, urgent queer writing today. It’s a space where queer writers celebrate, mourn, rage, and embrace.
Foglifter welcomes daring and thoughtful queer work, in all forms, and we are especially interested in cross-genre, intersectional, marginal, and transgressive work. We want the pieces that challenged you as a writer, what you poured yourself into and risked the most to make. But we also want your tenderest, gentlest work, what you hold closest to your heart. Whatever you’re working on now that’s keeping you alive and writing, Foglifter wants to read it.
Title your submission with the title of the work(s) you are submitting (separated by commas).
Include a 50-word or less bio in your cover letter. (If accepted, we will request an author photo; JPG or PNG files are best.)
We accept the following unpublished unsolicited submissions:
- up to 5 poems
- up to 7500 words of prose
- up to 20 pages of cross-genre work, text-image hybrids, and drama
All submissions must be in one DOC or DOCX file.
- Please only send one submission during each reading period.
- We accept simultaneous submissions; however, please withdraw your piece immediately if it is accepted elsewhere (or, if you only need to withdraw part of a submission, send us a message in Submittable).
- We do not accept previously published material.
- Contributors receive two copies of the issue in which they appear.
Submission periods are:
- March 1 to May 1 (Fall Edition)
- September 1 to November 1 (Spring Edition)
- We are always open for cover art!
We are always on the lookout for great cover art. If you have something that speaks to Foglifter's aesthetic and mission, please send it our way.
Note that we accept work in this category on a rolling basis.